Monday, November 16, 2009

skatepark with RuRu/Eric's band/the ramp/hike to the Pinnacle

band practice leaves it's mark


drummer spot may have been filled!



RuRu is the neighborhood skate rat. I met him over the summer skating a yellow curb. I try to give him old decks, Thrashers and stickers when he comes knocking at my door. I kept promising to take him to Pops and this past weekend our schedules finally jived. he was stoked.







junior high notebook scribbling contest on the place mats between Dave and myself. (post Indian food/pre show at the secret art space)

don't know the name of this band

this girl's set up had nothing on my old Casio


we went up to the show because Eric's band, the Lords, were playing. he drummed in a band with us a long time ago and has since moved to Kentucky. it was great to see him again.






3/5 of Tornado of Knives reunion

Poheezy hooked us up with a key to the ramp for the day. thanks brah.

Integrity, Those Who Fear Tomorrow was on the iPod. great session.

before they put the guardrails up, the "concrete half" was a hot spot in 1988.

day hike to the Pinnacle. first stop, a piss break in Fangorn Forest

the first stretch is basically a 90ยบ vertical climb til you get to the observatory. who's up for the Leonid Meteor Shower?


first stop, Pulpit Rock



couldn't have asked for better visibility

obviously i had proper footwear for the 9 mile trek

this felt good

view from the Pinnacle

looking down onto Kempton. I think I see Kindred Spirits!




thank god the giant green cock was there to mark the way back!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep...poem?

No comments: