Monday, June 15, 2009

Detroit Cobras/a long bike ride

this pic doesn't really capture it but one night last week everything outside turned "red". it was apparent enough for me to snap a pic which again, didn't really capture it. obviously dust in the atmosphere, right?



I forget this duo's name but they opened for the Detroit Cobras and I enjoyed them.





Detroit Cobras


yeah, I know shitty, blurry pics

had to frame it out like this to get the disco ball in







Chicks Up Front Posse. remember them?











great show

then it was off to Emmaus for a big bike ride saturday

small beds get even smaller when Rye spends the night

fuel up

on the road at 8:30. tire pressure check 1 mile in. (the original plan was to ride to West Chester and back for 100 mile day. schedules and weather forced us to switch our route a bit but it was a stellar ride none the less)

heading through Macungie

great pizza

4 miles in we were on our way up and over a mountain. hooray.





primo picnic spot

all roads lead home





the scenery totally sucked


Mike and I were talking Lehigh Valley hardcore circa 1993 for a bit


Wawa. this is where we checked the time and weather and opted to change our route and head into Reading and start making our way back to Allentown.


we camped here a lot. Troop 25 til death

trying to figure out a plan of action

the crew

then Mark decided it would be fun to get a flat tire. this is literally 30 ft from where we took the group shot.

I still have no idea how to change a flat

this bridge dumps you directly into Reading's cut


Kutztown Rd. to 222. I finally knew where I was again.

plenty of vegetarian options at CeGee's. delish but it shoulda come as a combo meal with a bucket to sit on while you eat it.

small children enjoy Mark

the beautiful Deka battery plant in Lyon's Station

the company history is actually pretty cool. the owner started off as a door to door salesman. he spoke at my college graduation but since I was in the very back row and couldn't hear shit, I just talked to Mindy about how she went to highschool with dudes from Floorpunch.


homestretch

natural occurring 3

we lucked out weather wise. I talked to a bunch of people all in different areas and they said it absolutely poured where they were. we only dealt with some drizzle.

done.

when all was said and done we covered 73 miles. so I guess you could say we did a metric century (aka a pussy century) here's our route. (as always, click to enlarge)

then




my Last Meal list keeps getting rearranged

No comments: