Monday, July 28, 2008

Philly to Emmaus bike ride/bbq at the Gleason's


rise and shine (right about now is when I asked myself why I told myself to ride my bike to Emmaus)

out the door by 6. heading toward center city




looking east towards the city you can see how low the sun was



passing the Art Museum and the waterworks

I didn't miss my turn this time and was in the woods just past Manayunk


here's the side of the abandoned building I took pics in last time






wolf!













I passed Valley Forge at 8:00 and picked up the Perkiomen Trail. it was nice to have some new scenery


buffalo










Graterford Prison


about halfway through the Perkiomen Trail I stopped for a snack...

...and some teatherball


I checked the map and saw that Spring Mountain was just up ahead. (when I was in Boy Scouts we used to take ski trips there)





I could never properly tweak my methods


off the trail and onto the road for the last mile or so to Green Lane Park

made it to the lake! actually this part was pretty easy. it was the last 18 miles to my parent's house that would kill me.


it was at this point where I could've torched my maps since I would end up wasting an hour trying to figure out how to get to the highway from the lake. apparently Oaks township doesn't believe in street signs

zombie lunch break

I got back on track and I knew where I was but I still had a ways to go.


long, slow hill. blah.


fuck all the hills from 663 to my parent's house. the last 15 miles of that day were worse then the first 50 miles. seriously. I checked myself for a pulse on more than one occasion.

made it!

the chairman of the welcoming committee was glad to see me


BBQ at the Gleason's for Kylie's b-day! all the dudes were there.


Andy basically hangs loose where ever he goes


the birthday girl






back in West Chester to catch some much needed Z's. a stellar day indeed!

No comments: